The Executive Women in Government (EWG) Mentoring Program is carefully designed to prepare, promote, and mentor women for senior leadership positions in the Federal Government.
It is the perfect opportunity to help women build powerful networks, enhance professional relationships and contribute to effective succession planning by creating a mentoring culture across government.
In collaboration with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), the EWG Mentoring Program is designed to increase the numbers of women ready and willing to assume higher level positions. We will do this by:
- Sponsoring one mentoring cohort per year.
- Bringing together Senior Executive Women Leaders with those women who desire mentorship to reach the next level.
- Creating and fostering a mentoring culture to attract, build and retain a new generation of women leaders.
- Maintaining contact with cohorts to understand what is successful and how to improve the program.
The EWG Mentoring Program provides your partnership with enough structure to help sustain and maintain momentum; yet it is flexible enough to give you the freedom you need to individualize the program to suit your needs and circumstances:
- 9-month program (October 2017-June 2018) supported by online and live training opportunities.
- 1-2 hour monthly commitment devoted to mentoring meetings and activities.
- Each mentoring partnership will agree on the frequency and duration of their meetings.
Training & Guidance
Participants will have plenty of flexibility on how they acquire the necessary skills to identify, launch and maintain their mentoring partnerships. The program will offer traditional live training sessions as well as webinars and on-demand webcasts.
A dedicated Program Coordinator and Program Support Team are available throughout the length of your partnership to answer questions and provide the necessary guidance needed to achieve your mentoring goals.
Participants will have access to:
- Formal training at the onset along with helpful tips throughout the process.
- Resources and guidelines to keep each partnership on track.
- Ideas for developmental activities and networking opportunities.
Choose a Partner
The partner matching process offers protégés an opportunity to work with a mentor who can best support their developmental needs.
- Participants will be invited to attend an Orientation to the Matching Process on 11 October 2017 from 3:00pm- 5:00pm. A special feature of the Orientation is a speed mentoring event. Speed mentoring gives mentors and protégés an opportunity to introduce themselves and learn more about each other before making their mentoring selections.
- Participants will review and select from mentor/protégé profiles, which will be posted on The Mentoring Connection.
- Mentors and protégés have a voice in the matching process!
Getting signed up is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Copy and paste the following link into your web browser to sign up before September 8, 2017:
- Complete a short questionnaire expressing why you are interested in being a protégé or mentor. The last question will ask for a biographical sketch/profile.
- Click I’m Done to learn about next steps.
If you have trouble accessing the website from the link above:
- Go to www.mentoringconnection.com
- Click on the Not A Member Yet? button and enter the Group ID: EWG
- Program selections will be based on some of the following criteria:
- Completeness of application.
- Career goals and specific mentoring outcomes.
- Diversity of the group.
The application process facilitates matching you with a partner who best meets your mentoring objectives. Therefore, the more comprehensive your application, the more your chances improve for identifying the best possible match!
Total Investment (Protégés only):
The cost is $300.00 per person. To secure this funding, it is recommended that you work with your Training Officer to complete a SF- 182 to obtain these funds. The SF-182 will need to reflect the training vendor for this program:
The Training Connection, Inc. (TTC)
4004 Genesee Place
Prince William, VA 22192
Attn: Jennifer Sellers
703.680.3781 (ext 102)