The Executive Women in Government (EWG) Nominating Committee is beginning the search for candidates to lead EWG for the 2020 – 2021 term of office. The positions under consideration are PRESIDENT, VICE-PRESIDENT, SECRETARY and TREASURER. These Officers, along with the Committee Chairs appointed by the new President will be the core of EWG’s leadership and will ensure a high level of dedication and direction for EWG programs. For our members, serving in an Officer position is an excellent opportunity to enhance and demonstrate critical leadership skills, while strengthening powerful relationships.
If you are interested in being considered for one or more of these key positions, or wish to name a fellow eligible executive, the Nominating Committee encourages you to submit a nomination as follows:
– Provide a short (NTE 1 page) biography (including current position and grade) and a statement of interest and qualifications for the position of interest.Check the eligibility criteria specified in EWG’s current By-Laws (available at www.execwomeningov.org).
– Candidates for the EWG PRESIDENT must have achieved the SES level or equivalent in other Services or by political appointment, whereas the other Officer positions are open to all EWG members. All candidates must have up-to-date membership in EWG.
– If you are placing someone else’s name into consideration, secure her consent and indicate that in your write-up.
– Current year Officers and members of the EWG Board of Directors, if interested, may apply using the same process.
– Submit by Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 to Shoshana Grove at: firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Nominating Committee will review all nominations and present a slate of candidates to the full membership for electronic voting. Your new EWG Officers will be announced in July.
We welcome any members interested in serving to reach out to one of us on the Nominating Committee to discuss any of the open positions. Each of us has had the great honor of serving as an Officer of EWG and would be pleased to speak to any interested candidates about the rewards and responsibilities of serving.
• Shoshana Grove (Chair) email@example.com
• Ana Hinojosa firstname.lastname@example.org
• Debbie Leben email@example.com
In addition, if you are interested in contributing to the leadership of EWG by chairing one of our Committees, please let a member of the Nominating Committee know at this time, also by email.
EWG Nominating Committee